Making Natto Beans in the Yolife Yogurt Maker
- Soak 24 oz of soybeans in warm water for 10 hours
(for better digestion)
- Pour the water and soybeans in a pot and bring to a
boil. Cook on medium heat for 5 hours or until the soybeans are easily crushed
by your fingers.
- Remove from heat, and drain. Place beans on a flat surface
and cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, place the soybeans in the Yolife jars
or in another glass jar.
- Place jar(s) in the Yolife Yogurt Maker and place
cover on. Plug in Yolife and let sit for 12-18 hours.
- Do NOT lift the lid
for the first 12 hours.
- After the 12th hour, lift the lid and check to see
if a sticky resin has formed inside the jar(s). . If resin is present, the Natto
beans are ready and can be removed from the machine. . If resin is not present,
replace cover and re-check in 3-4 hours.
- Enjoy! Natto Beans can be stored in your refrigerator or in your freezer.
*For a smaller batch of Natto Beans, you can use 18 oz of soybeans (yields 4 small Yolife Jars)